P.S. I also tried making these without baking soda -- the recipe still works, but the cookies end up looking more like meat patties than cookies. Stick to using the baking soda!
Give these a try and let me know how you like them!
Following these instructions exactly will provide the best results.
1. In a blender, blend the medjool dates with the water until you have a smooth date paste.
2. In a separate bowl, stir the date paste, almond flour, peanut butter, baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt until well mixed.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Scoop out a heaping tablespoon worth of dough and roll into a ball. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press down to flatten.
5. Repeat with the remaining dough. Leave about 1/2 inch to 1 inch between the cookies.
6. Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees. The cookies will just start to turn golden brown.
7. Let the cookies cool for at least 10 minutes before eating!